Fotodiox FUSION Smart AF Adapter, Nikon G-Mount AF-I / AF-S Lens to Sony E-Mount Mirrorless Camera Adapter with Full Automated FunctionsNikG-SnyE-FUSION
We are not processing new orders for the Nikon to Sony E-Mount FUSION lens adapter until further information is available about issues experienced by two customers with the Nikon AF-S VR Micro 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED lens. Our engineers are working with Sony to identify and solve the issue. We advise customers to avoid the use of the Nikon 105mm macro lens (or any other Nikon macro lens) with the FUSION adapter. Customers may continue to safely use the adapter with other lenses, and we will still honor all backorders for the FUSION adapter.
• Sophisticated breakthrough aperture control system enables Sony camera full electronic control of Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses for Auto, Aperture Priority, and Program AE modes.
• Sony camera can record EXIF data from Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses.
• Auto focus in high-speed and low-speed modes with Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses.
• Powered VR image stabilization in compatible lenses.
• Aperture Control functions is only for EMD and Pull-rod Aperture lens (Such as: G Type, E Type, and Partial D Type Lens)
• Infinity focus guaranteed for all Nikon lenses.
• Aluminum construction with integrated baseplate and 1/4-20" mount for supporting longer and heavier lenses
Fotodiox's new FUSION lens adapter lets you mount Nikon lenses onto a Sony E-mount camera, all while maintaining electronic communication between the two. With our new FUSION adapter, Nikon lenses will perform more like native Sony lenses, all while unlocking literally a century of legendary Nikon imaging expertise.
Thanks to the FUSION adapter on your full frame or APS-C Sony E-Mount camera, Nikon AF-I and AF-S lenses gain auto-focus, full aperture control for Auto / Aperture Priority / Program AE modes, EXIF data transmission (on compatible models), and image stabilization (compatible models). The FUSION adapter is also compatible with fully manual vintage Nikon F lenses as a manual adapter.
Auto Focus Speed
The Nikon to Sony E-mount FUSION adapter's auto-focus functions are designed to work best with newer cameras that have 'Phase Detection AF' such as the Sony a7R II and a6500 cameras. The FUSION adapter will work with cameras that use "Contrast Detection AF", but performance is significantly slower - we don't recommend this configuration. All other non-focus functions work equally well on all Sony cameras.
Phase Detection AF Cameras:
• Sony Alpha α6300, α7 II, α7R II
*This FUSION adapter is designed to work with your camera's Phase Detection AF auto-focus mode. The adapter works with Contrast Detection AF mode, but at reduced performance. All other functions of the FUSION adapter work identically in both focus modes.
This product has specific compatibility limitations, for more information on lens and camera compatibility, please check the 'Nikon to E-mount Fusion adapter Compatibility' article in the Fotodiox Knowledge Base.
|Adapter Type||Nik-Sne(E) FUSION Smart AF Adapter for Nikon Lenses to Sony E-Mount Cameras|
|Lens Compatibility||Nikon AF-S & AF-I - Auto-Focus
- Image Stabilization
- EXIF Data Transmission
- Electronic aperture control*
Nikon Vintage Lenses - Full Manual Function
|Camera mount||Sony E-Mount Compatible|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F Mount Compatible|
• In the unlikely event that the camera becomes unresponsive; remove the FUSION adapter, turn the camera off and remove the battery for 10 seconds to reset the camera.
• If the lens seems slow to respond, disassemble lens and adapter and clean both sides of the adapter's signal contacts with technical grade alcohol
• Adapter enables EXIF and aperture data to be transmitted to and controlled by the camera. Different lenses may exhibit different operating characteristics depending on lens age, and manufacturer. We recommend testing individual lenses in your setup before critical shoots.
• The camera will automatically calculate the exposure after you've selected a still or video shooting mode
• All Nikon lenses you mount on the FUSION lens adapter will focus to infinity. Electronic and automatic function will only operate with compatible electronic lenses.
• If you encounter an error where you are unable to depress the shutter to take a picture, or you're prompted that the lens is absent, be sure to change your camera's settings to "release shutter without lens", or change your camera mode to shoot in "aperture priority" mode.