Whether you need a Ride-On Track Dolly, Ride-On Doorway Dolly, Heavy Duty Slider, Tabeltop Dolly, or 360 Degree Orbit Dolly, the CamDolly has you covered. All you need is 15 minutes to assemble your CamDolly into its five different protocols to capture five completely different types of dolly shots.
• Unlimited configurations with 3 sets of wheels
• Minimal maintenance
• No extra tools needed
• Portability: System packs into three individual custom-fit cases, the heaviest of which is less than 50 lbs. Carry them between shoots, load them into any car, even check them onto a plane.
• Gigantic Weight Load Capacity: The CamDolly Cinema Systen can take more than 550lbs of weight, enabling you to mount it with any camera and all the shabang you need… and you can even ride along if you want to.
• Use Any Tripod: Universal Tripod Holders can take whatever tripod you have.
• Full Kit includes 50ft (15.24m) of SnakeTrack: For extra-long runs we’ve found the longest flexible solid rubber track on the market.
• Track Ends for Any Length Tracks: The Track Ends provided will enable you to use any length pipes from your local hardware store with diameter from 0.8inch (20mm) to 1.4 inch (35mm). Along with Track Supports, if you’re going to use long rails, you’ll be able to support in 2 sections to prevent curving because of the weight.
Now you can bring a comprehensive dolly system to the shoot in your hatchback.
Once built, the CamDolly can support more than 550 pounds: more than enough capacity for a ride-on operator, your tripod, and any camera - DSLR or large cinema camera, whether you're shooting digital or film. Capable of riding a metal track, we designed the CamDolly with our SnakeTrack Flexible Rail in mind as a super-portable way to get complicated curves that would otherwise be impossible. Simply double the rail up, and you have a dual track that will give you a shot that's more than 20 feet long, or use 2 lengths of parallel rail for a 50 ft run. Every 50 ft. length of SnakeTrack Flexible Rail comes with a bucket bag for easy transportation.
Shoot with your own tripod and tripod head. Since there are so many different kinds of tripod feet, we've created universal "leg cups". Place the feet of your tripod into the cups, then lash them in with the included zip ties. We also recommend securing the tripod with some bungees or a cargo strap.
Instead of shooting with a tripod, you can also use a bazooka. We provide a bazooka mount with every CamDolly Cinema System kit. When you're shooting in tabletop or slider mode, you can directly attach your bowl tripod head to the main core piece of the CamDolly. The kit includes bowl adapters for 75mm, 100mm, and 150mm bowl mounts.
Building each of the different modes takes only a few minutes, and you can even fold down the partially-built dolly to make it easy to carry to and from your location. Perfect for cold weather: build the dolly indoors, remove four screws, fold down the CamDolly, walk out to your location, unfold CamDolly, and reinstall the four screws. Ready to go in under 60 seconds.
Five Main CamDolly Modes:
Ride-On Track Dolly - You can position the tripod and seat in any of several configurations, depending on the action that you're covering. The included push/pull T-bar gives your dolly grip control over the speed of your dolly move. The track wheels can ride on metal track, or the recomended SnakeTrack Flexible Rail. A pair of special compensation legs make it easy to negotiate the curves of the rubber rail, as well as smooth out any uneven rubber rail layouts.
- Straight or curved shots
- Compatible with any track
- 100ft of flexible rubber track
Ride-On Doorway Dolly - The tripod and seat mount in any of several ways, depending on your direction of travel. You can mount a set of four skate wheels (for shooting on smooth floors), or a set of four pneumatic tires for rougher terrain or carpet. A pair of special Compensation Legs make it easy for the dolly grip to use the push/pull T-bar to steer the dolly.
- Pneumatic wheels for smooth ride
- Sit & Ride
- Push and pull in any direction
Heavy Duty Slider - There are tons of great sliders out there. The problem is that most of them are for short runs, and only work with smaller sized cameras. With CamDolly, your run can be 8 feet, 12 feet, or even longer. In stead of high cost specialized rails, simply pick up some 30-35mm pipe at a home improvement store. The CamDolly Cinema System includes a pair of adjustable rail ends. You can either operate the Slider at ground level, or raise the slider up on C stands or light stands, and use the included pair of supports to eliminate sagging.
- Versatile & reliable design
- Ultra smooth moves and fluid operation for studio and outdoor cinematography
- A Camera Slider that can take on your fully rigged Arri Alexa with Optimo 24-290 lens, your DSLR camera or your iPhone
Tabletop Dolly - Using only the Core of the CamDolly, you can use this compact mode to do dolly shots on a tabletop, or very low angle shots on the floor. You can mount your tripod head directly onto the Core using one of the included bowl mount adapters. Attach the push-pull bar to create dramatic floor level dolly shots. You can also attach the push/pull bar directly to one of the wheels in order to steer the dolly.
- Works great where space is a problem
- Ultra compact
- Super light weight but high payload (over 440 lbs/200 kg)
- Use it for straight or arching shots
360° Orbit Dolly - attach three or four wheels (either skate wheels or pneumatic tires) to the CamDolly Core, or use extender legs with a full-sized tripod. You can lock the wheels to specific degrees to get a smooth, graceful, repeatable arc.
- Take a perfect 360 Degrees
- Set it up with any camera and any tripod
- For low shots, table top shots or high shots
- Push & pull in any directions
You can see why we call it a "Cinema System”. With the modular CamDolly, you’ve got the right dolly for whatever the shot calls for. You can change between modes in just a few minutes. The modular design also makes CamDolly more portable that a typical dolly. A single person can carry CamDolly to your location in 3 luggage sized cases, the heaviest of which is 50 pounds. Even with the SnakeTrack Flexible Rail, a whole CamDolly setup can fit in a compact car.
To make sure the idea was solid, a year was spent hand building prototypes. These went to independent film producers as well as friends at the majors like Disney, Pixar, Warner Brothers. The crew who make Hawaii 5-0 use CamDolly too. They all agreed that CamDolly would do a lot of good for a lot of people. We took all of their feedback and created the final version of CamDolly. This ultra-configurable camera dolly gives you an entire studio's worth of options. Add beautiful dolly shots to your film and video!
• Adjustable Swivel Track Wheels - If you will use tracks from other systems or even our Solid Flexible Rubber Track, you will be able to mount the Track Wheels in the way that enables the full 20 cm (8 inch) swivel to compensate for the track width difference.
• Low or High Shots - Shot on a table or on the floor for those low shots. But when space is a problem, you can mount the CamDolly Table Top with your tripod using our Universal Tripod Holders and shoot an over the shorter shot.
• Take a Straight or a Perfect 360 Degrees Shots - Dialing in different degrees by turning the wheels will give you straight shoots and circular shots with any diameter distance from your subject. You can also make the camera turn around it’s center or lock it down completely and use it as a Tripod.
• Setting Up In Under 10 Minutes - One of the best things about the CamDolly is that any configuration can be set up in literally minutes. The Table top takes only about a minute and Tracking Camera Dolly with the seat and push and pull T-bar takes about 8-10 minutes.
• Compatible with ANY Camera - Also compatible with any DSLR or with your favorite SMART PHONE
• Bucket Bag for SnakeTrack - Minimize tangles by keeping each section of track in its own case that’s super easy to carry and transport.
• Soft Cases for All the Parts - Never loose any part of the CamDolly because every last screw has it’s own place in the foam. After the shoot, put everything in the cases. Then take one look and you will know if you have any parts still laying around.
|Weight||Camera Slider – 22lbs / 10kg
Orbit Dolly – 33lbs / 15kg
Track Camera Dolly – 66lbs / 30kg
Table Top – 11lbs / 5kg
Doorway Dolly – 61lbs / 28kg
CamDolly Cinema System – 165lbs / 75kg
|Dimensions||Camera Slider – 21”W x 19”L x 4”H / 550mmW x 500mmL x 100mmH
Orbit Dolly – 37”W x 37”L x 4”H / 950mmW x 950mmL x 100mmH
Track Camera Dolly – 30”W x 47”L x 4”H / 750mmW x 1200mmL x 100mmH
Table Top – 21”W x 19”L x 4”H / 550mmW x 500mmL x 100mmH
Doorway Dolly – 30”W x 47”L x 4”H / 750mmW x 1200mmL x 100mmH
|Base Plate||CamDolly Base Plate is made from 15mm Air Grade Aluminum|
|Extension Legs||4 Extension Legs, made from 15mm Air Grade Aluminum, will extend the CamDolly to a fully Rideable Camera Dolly|
|Wheels||4 Inflatable Pneumatic Wheels
4 Table Top Wheels (Inline Skate Wheels)
2 Track Wheels:
• 2 Track Wheels – fixed
• 2 Track Wheels – with extending arm
|Tripod Holders||3 Universal Tripod Holders will take any Tripod with any kind of Legs/Pins|
|Adapters||Doorway Dolly Push / Pull / Turn Adapters
Height Difference Adapters
T-bar Assembly for push and pull in any direction
|Track Ends||For mounting Slider Tracks
Custom made tracking board support for Table Top configuration
|Tripod Head Adapters||Base Plate has interchangeable Adapters to mount any type of Video/Film fluid head you want to use. You can also use a Bazooka instead of the Tripod. Included:
• 75mm Bowl Mount Adapter
• 100mm Bowl Mount Adapter
• 150mm Bowl Mount Adapter
• Flat/Mitchell Mount Adapter
• Bazooka/Euro Mount Adapter
|Chart||Degrees vs. Diameter Chart (Imperial and Metric) for Orbital/Arching moves|
|Rubber Track||100ft. / 30 meters of SnakeTrack Flexible Solid Rubber Track (2x 50 ft. / 15 meters)|